We make every effort to check each individual book before we package and dispatch orders as we know the frustration and disappointment in receiving a flawed book. We accept that mistakes and incidents can occur during this process. If you receive a wrong item or an item purchased incurs any damage in transit, we will replace the item with a new one where possible. In the event that we cannot replace an item, we will issue a refund.
Please be aware that not every flaw is considered by us to be ‘damage’. If you feel you have received a damaged book, please get in touch with us at [email protected] and we will assess the damage. Any claims must be submitted to us – with evidence – within 14 days of delivery. We review each concern on an individual basis but the below are our general guidelines.
Does Qualify As Damage
- Significant damage over to outer book – tear, rip, cut, scratch, dents or excessively crushed edges/corners etc.
- More than one ripped or bent page that affects the content of the book
- Stains, discoloration, residue or marks etc. that cannot be removed
- Wrongly signed or unsigned items that arrive other than advertised
- Production defects (such as missing pages etc.)
- Incorrectly folded dust jackets
- Extreme blur to stencilled edges
- Water damage
Does Not Qualify
- Light scratches, marks or removable residue etc.
- Minimal creasing, wrinkles or dents etc. to the book or dust jacket (including corners)
- General shelf wear
- Loose or misaligned dust jackets
- Unevenly sprayed/blemished edges or bleeding onto pages
- Slight blur to stencilled edges
- Wavy pages
- Manufacturing imperfections (such as imperfect foiling to boards)
In the event that we determine that you have received a damaged copy, we will work with you to issue a replacement or refund where appropriate. We may not issue a refund until the faulty copy has been returned to us, or until you have destroyed/defaced the book in a way that renders it unsellable, and provided proof to us.